The nutrients present in soursop are amino acids, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), calcium, carbohydrates, fibers, iron, niacin, phosphorus, riboflavin and thiamine, etc. Mentioned below are some of the health benefits of soursop
- The immune system of the cancer patients who consumed Soursop tea was not affected or weakened, as compared to other cancer patients.
- Soursop benefits for cancer involve fighting cancer cells without damaging the healthy cells. consumption of soursop tea or fruits can definitely prove to be helpful for cancer patients
- Along with soursop fruit, the bark, leaves and roots of the soursop trees are popularly used as ingredients in various traditional herbal medicines. Soursop leaves health benefits include calming the nerves. Tea prepared with soursop leaves works as a pain reliever. The sap of its leaves, or the flesh, can be applied topically to get rid of eczema, skin rash and swelling. Topical application promotes fast healing of wounds and prevents infections.
- Vitamin C in soursop is an antioxidant vitamin that helps strengthen the immune system and helps prevent infections like urinary tract infection, cough and cold.
- Soursop provides iron and thus, can improve the RBC count. It also contains riboflavin which helps relieve headache. Thiamine from soursop helps boost energy levels. Cooper present in soursop helps maintain the bone health by promoting absorption of calcium from ingested food.
- Soursop juice works great for liver disorders. It also reduces the inflammation of the urethra and thus, can lower symptoms like painful urination.
- Soursop tea is used to treat gallbladder diseases. The extract obtained from the leaves and stems is used to effectively fight cancer cells. Besides, soursop consumption can be beneficial as it does not exhibit side effects.
- Sour sop is also used to ease the pain associated with ailments like back pain, joint pain, arthritis and rheumatism.